Hello my darlings! Since I’ve been treating my weekly love letter as my underground blog, it has been ages since I’ve posted!
I thought with the new month, I’d make a return and share my Clean Green Comfort Soup recipe… finally, as promised.
Vegan + gluten free + satisfying for all diets, all types.
Now it’s important to know that this soup is supposed to taste good and thus help you feel good. Not only is it packed with nutrients but if green juice isn’t your thing, or perhaps it doesn’t do a body good in the colder months, fear not – make this simple one pot wonder and you’ll be set in the clean green healthy bad-ass department.
Cooking is another form of yoga for me. I like to put on some tunes, navigate the dog at my feet, message with friends and ultimately give thanks as I rinse every stalk, every leaf.
I enjoy the process of making the soup – and then I eat it all week long with different combinations to keep it fresh. Add a side salad, a sandwich or your favorite warm bread or salty cracker. I like to put sprouts on top when handy and eat with a slice of Canyon Ridge Gluten Free bread.
I seriously eat this soup for an entire week and never get bored. I feel satisfied and get the nutrients I need to work hard, work out, serve others and feel good.
And when I look good, I feel good!
Sub the cold green juice or the fresh salad this fall and winter with this Clean Green Comfort Soup!
Mix and match the veggies based on what is available. Experiment, give thanks and have fun!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2-3 minced garlic (add more if you want extra immune boost or to keep the demons away)
- 1 chopped zucchini
- 3-4 stalks of chopped celery
- 1 head of chopped broccoli
- 1 bunch chopped asparagus
- 1-2 cups chopped leafy greens (I like spinach and dino kale, gets that green-green color.)
- 32oz Vegetable Broth
- White Pepper – Start with a teaspoon though I undoubtedly use more now. This is my secret ingredient for this soup. It gives it a little kick and reminds me of a good starchy soup – without all the starch.
- Salt – to taste
- LOVE (Duh, don’t ever cook in a bad mood. Breathe, return to your attitude of gratitude, life is too short and there are people who are truly starving.)
- You will also need a big pot, a blender or Vitamix.
- Warm oil in pot and once it’s warm start with your onions.
- Once onions are translucent, add garlic. Saute and stir.
- Add vegetables stirring in between and slowly adding a small amount of broth and your 1 tsp of white pepper. Start with the ones that take longer to cook, though with this type of soup you can’t mess it up since we are going to blend it all together. Put the leafy greens in last.
- Once everything is soft, add the rest of the broth if you have some. If you need more it’s okay to add a little water.
- Turn off the heat and use a ladle to add a small amount of your soup into the blender or Vitamix. Blend bits at a time – depending on the power of your blender. (If your blender is small you might need to have a fresh pot to pour your smooth soup into. It’s all good! Experimenting!)
- Once your soup is blended smooth like butter, return to low heat and season with salt to taste.
It’s done! It’s gorgeous! And so are you!
I like to keep mine in the pot so that I can heat up on the stove for the rest of the week. (Also, I got rid of my microwave, long ago.)
Let me know how it goes below!